5/16/15

Wrapping up the year

This year I had the amazing opportunity to be part of the Signature Project group. I learned so much about myself and what I can accomplish with hard work. Being the President of a Model United Nations Conference, leading the Model UN Club, and attending two conferences was not easy, but every moment was worth it. 

After accomplishing all of this, I look back at the most stressful situations and laugh at myself. I laugh because I have no idea how I managed to go through them, especially alone. I laugh because I miss it. And I laugh because I have grown so much because of it. I can say that I grew so much because of this Signature Project, and I am so grateful to the Signature Team for giving me the opportunity to do it. My proudest moment was definitely standing in front of the delegates who would participate in the EWMUNC the morning of the conference and giving a speech about the importance of MUN in our lives. It was a very touching moment, and every little thing I had worked on came together to one and magically functioned the way I wanted it to. 

I guess the entire Signature Project was a challenge, but I don't think anything was more challenging than getting people interested in the EWMUN Conference. At Emma there is a vibe that girls can only do something if there is food, prizes, or boys. I tried bringing these things together but there were simply other things to do that were more important on a Saturday afternoon, because after all, who wants to debate during a Saturday? Anyhow, I managed to get some people interested in joining and it was really amazing because the thirty people who were there enjoyed and valued Model United Nations, and thus, made it extra especial. 

If I were to do this all over again, I would expect less. Especially when it comes to something that you can't control, and is determined by the amount of people who show up or are interested, you just have to be more patient and understanding. Therefore, if you are reading this and planning on continuing my project for future years: do not expect the best of both worlds when it does not depend on you! You have done the best you can, and it will turn out great one way or the other :) just be sure of yourself, you were already brave enough to begin this in the first place. 

This is the last post I will ever blog. But if you have been following my blog, thank you so much for reading. It has been one incredible year, and I am so happy I did this. 

Forever MUNer, 
Camila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camila G.'s Signature Project