7/30/14

Welcome to my Signature Project!

Welcome!

My name is Camila Guerrero and I am a Senior at Emma Willard School. My biggest passion is Model UN, and through this blog you will learn more about how Model UN is done at Emma Willard.

I have been doing MUN for the past 5 years. I first started because my history teacher made me join a conference, but it wasn't until my 3rd conference that I really discovered the beauty of MUN. I call it beauty because it is truly beautiful. It is the kind of activity that makes you think about it all the time, and once you have mastered it, it follows you everywhere you go. From public speaking, to random debates with your family, MUN has been there for me, and I am sure that if you have done it, you feel that way, too!

If you are a beginner and don't know what Model United Nations is, here is a perfect definition given by the bestdelegate.com webpage:
Model United Nations is an academic simulation of the United Nations where students play the role of delegates from different countries and attempt to solve real world issues using the policies and perspectives of their assigned country. 
I know, it can sound intimidating! However, I assure you that if you decide to join a MUN Club, you won't regret it.

I invite you to follow my blog, and check it as often as you can to discover how MUN is progressing at Emma Willard.  This will be my second year as co-Head, and I am excited to lead a new group through this awesome experience that has influenced me and others in so many ways.

Motion to recess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camila G.'s Signature Project